Saturday, January 10, 2009

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I may still be suffering from holiday treat overload, but my family hinted that they would enjoy some cookies, and my husband asked specifically for oatmeal chocolate chip.   I made a batch of these and using my New Years will power, only ate one!  Everything is fine in moderation, right?  
The title of the recipe pretty much says it all: these are chocolate chip cookies with a little oatmeal, crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.  I didn't even bother dirtying the stand mixer, because these are so easy to mix together by hand.

1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 12 oz bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F
Beat the butter with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
Add both sugars and beat until homogeneous.
Stir in vanilla and egg and mix well.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and give the bowl a few good stirs. 
Add the oats and chocolate chips, and mix until well-distributed.
Bake on silpat-lined baking sheets until just set and browning on the edges, about 10-12 minutes.
Let cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks


5 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I'm a sucker for any variation of chocolate chip cookies - looks great!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I'm going to bookmark these even though I don't need to make cookies for a looooooong time. :)

That Girl said...

I just wanted to wish you a safe trip tomorrow! Check in soon!

Maria said...

I wish I was suffering from cookie overload, but they are my weakness! I just love them...and these are really making me hungry! They look marvelous!

RLBerry said...

I am not a big baker, so I don't normally star cookie recipes in my Reader, but this one looks to good to resist! I will be making these soon, for sure.