Saturday, January 3, 2009

Herb Dip


This is a great, fresh-tasting dip that I served with carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower, and broccoli.  I have discovered that broccoli and cauliflower are a whole lot more enjoyable as crudites when you submerge them in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then dip in cold water and drain.
I would love to try some variations with cilantro, garlic, or dill, but this is a great base recipe to play around with.

2 cups lowfat sour cream
2 tbsp lime juice
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
5 green onions (green parts only), thinly sliced
pinch sea salt

Combine all ingredients and puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor.  Serve with assorted vegetables.

11 comments:

Tiffany and Ganesh said...

So fresh and colorful! I will def try this!

ErinsFoodFiles said...

I tagged you in my blog, but please, feel no pressure to do it. It's the 7 Interesting Facts tag. Have a great 2009!

That Girl said...

I love that it's mayo free!

Anonymous said...

Great ideas!!!! Congratulations for the blog. Bye from Italy

From the Staff of CakeItaly.com

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This sounds wonderful and refreshing! It's nice knowing that this isn't mayo based too!

Mediterranean Turkish Cook said...

Sounds tasty and simple to make. Nice blog.

Christy said...

Cate, what a great, fresh dip to help w/ my new year's resolutions! :) Will definitley be fixing this one. Thanks for the post.

Kerrie @ TFK said...

I have been looking for a non-mayo based veggie dip for an upcoming party....thank you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This looks really great! I like tarragon an lot but I rarely use it. I'll have to try this out.

Genevieve said...

This is one of the best blogs I have looked at in a while. Great work!

Maria said...

A healthy snack! Love the dip!