Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mexican Chocolate Sherbert


I wasn't sure if it was sherbert or sherbet - google told me both were acceptable.  In any case, I have been thinking about making this dessert for awhile.  It only has TWO ingredients, so there is no excuse not to whip up a batch right now.  It's creamy, chocolatey, and I'm sure would be divine with some cinnamon cookies.

3 cups whole milk
3 tablets Mexican chocolate, chopped (I used Nestle Abuelita, which you can see in the photo - it is readily available at Mexican grocery stores)

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the milk and chocolate until all the chocolate is melted and the liquid is a uniform color.
Pour into a bowl and set in an ice bath, whisking occasionally until cool.
Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers instructions.

4 comments:

That Girl said...

2 ingredients? You're right. It'd be a crime not to make this.

Anonymous said...

Well I just happen to have both of these items in my kitchen + my new ice cream maker. What a great/simple first use!

Steph said...

You definitely can't go wrong with chocolate and milk!

Anonymous said...

may I just say...YUM! This looks delish.